How much time to receive Fine Woodworking Magazine

I have not received the #172 issue. I sent a message to Taunton's customer service and they replied that they will send me a replacement issue. Greatly appreciate. In their reply, they also notify me that the 173 has been sent on Sept. 21.

I did not received it yet and I wonder how much time it usually takes to receive an issue. I subscribe to FWW since January but I never noticed how long is the delay. Is there a canadian subscriber that did received #173?

I am asking this because I wonder if my local postal service (very local) would not be the problem.

Reply to
Jean

I've received 172, but nor 173. Saskatoon, SK.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I haven't received mine yet.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

I have received issue #172 (October 2004) but not received issue #173 ( north Texas).

-- Tom

Reply to
TOM

I've not yet received #1763 here in Illinois. I did notice that #172 was sitting on the newstands a good two weeks before my copy showed up in the mail. FWW isn't high on the list of "must carry's" at your typical newstand but I happened to be browsing in either Barnes & Noble or Border's and noticed the new issue sitting there.

You'd think they'd make sure their subscriber's were the first to get the new issues...

Bob - Who's Got a Complete Collection of FFW!

Reply to
Puzzled

They go out via different distribution channels.

Our newspaper (a weekly) is sent to newsstand distributors and by mail to subscribers.

The mail line run starts Tuesday morning and ends Wednesday morning. Because we have to send the newsstand copies by courier to meet the distributors' schedules, they get processed first.

The vast majority of our subscribers get their paper Thursday, but it's not unusual for many newsstands to have them Wednesday.

If we were to process the newsstands last, we'd miss the trucks and the paper would show up in the stores a week late.

Here in Canada, it's not at all unusual to receive a magazine two weeks or more after US subscribers (assuming the mag is being distributed from the US).

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Periodical displays are serviced by people whose livelihood depends on their sale. That's why they tend to stay fresh and neat.

Subscription copies are serviced by the postal service, who are paid by the hour, and at least in the US, sent at periodical rate, which means they can sit anywhere in the chain for days, waiting for space available or a carrier who gives a damn.

My # 172 arrived about ten days ago. I expect #173 sometime near the end of the month.

In fairness, I'm fairly well out in the Boondocks - even UPS only delivers two days a week.

Reply to
George

But you do get the Lee Valley catalog before we in Texas do!!!

Dave Balderst>

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

Thanks to all. I I will be more patient.

Reply to
Jean

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:30:08 -0600, Dave Balderstone scribbled:

Same here. Whitehorse, YT.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

On 13 Oct 2004 06:09:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Jean) scribbled:

I went to the bookstore today. They still had #172 on the shelves. Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi