How many European style hinges to use

We have refinished our cabinets, and I am using European style hinges to put the doors up. Unfortunately, these doors only have a 1/4" overlay, but I have found the proper hinges to use locally (near Atlanta).

My question is, how many hinges should I use for each door? Variety seemed to be the theme for these doors, as they come in many varied sizes. Examples include:

(Height/Width) Approximate

40" x 12" 40" x 13.5" 18" x 11" 21" x 15" 21" x 18"

I am thinking of using three hinges on the tall doors and two on the shorter (less than 22") doors. DOes that make sense?

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
JonFSpencer

If it is a well-built 5 piece door, two hinges will be enough for the

40" doors...asuming they are good quality hinges.
Reply to
Robatoy