How do you glaze wood??????????????

Hi, I was interested trying a bit of glazin, not the glass type, on some cabinet doors but I'm not sure on what products to use and where to get them? Mike

Reply to
Mike

Almost anywhere paints are sold.

Quick search on the 'net of glazing or antiquing will produce directions and sources.

Reply to
George

Hi Mike,

Here's a link to a simple procedure for glazing:

more detailed information check out Jeff Jewitt's book, "Great Wood Finishes", at your local library. You can also check Jeff's web site for supplies if needed and possibly more information on the process in his "Forum" section, "Articles" section and through the "Search" function. His site is:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Reply to
Mike

Yes, stain can be used as a glaze once the wood is sealed with a coating of your choice. The seal coat can be shellac, poly, paint, etc. Glazing is simply applying an additional thin coat of a different color or shade over the base coat. Done properly the results can be amazing.

My wife's friend brought over a old dresser, in bad shape, that she wanted me to repair. With close inspection I was "sure" the whole dresser was made out of book matched cocobolo and didn't want to attempt the repair. She insisted, say she was only going to paint the piece. After removing the finish in the areas I needed to fix I realized the piece was mahogany but glazed by a master.

Nova

Reply to
Mike