Home Bar Project Completed

Howard, that is really beautiful work. I have read your other comments on this thread and I'm amazed that you don't plan the design ahead of time because all of the trim and esthetics go toghether so well.

I am in the middle of an entertainment niche project similar in concept to the one you did (upstairs?). I made a detailed sketch in order to estimate materials and make sure that the structural design would work, but I'm completely intimidated by the trim-out design. I'm very inexperienced in this regard, and don't even know the proper terminology other than the crown molding at the top and fluted columns at the side (mine will be flat). I keep looking for a live example or a photograph of an application very simlar to mine, because I know I can copy a style, I just don't feel like I can come up with my own.

My situation is complicated by the fact that I have to use ash to match some adjacent cabinetry. So, I have to find a trim/millwork supplier that has a good selection of styles in ash. I think that looking at molding and trim pieces in a showroom will give me a much better idea of the look I want.

Speaking of fluted colums, did you do the millwork yourself? If so, I'd love to know how you did it.

Once again, great design, and great work!

Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy

Nevermind, I just got my answer while looking at the pics of you niche project. It's great to see your wife getting in on the action!

Tom

Reply to
tom_murphy

I made the rounded fluted columns with a legacy orimintal mill. (

) They are not that difficult with the mill. Don't watch there CD or you will go crazy till you get one and they are not cheap.

Reply to
Howard

Howard wrote in news:04a1b3d7-0402-4963-a410- snipped-for-privacy@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

I like that howard. It would be an honor to be kicked out of bar like that. Lord knows I've been kicked out of lesser.

Reply to
Hank

Why not deal with a real millwork supplier that will cut the material in any species you choose?

I deal with Connecticut Wood Group, but there's got to something similar near you. CWG let's me request length breakdowns, charges no setup over 200 lin./ft., and is cheaper than home centers, to boot!

Reply to
B A R R Y