Hitachi C12LCH blades?

I just bought a Hitach C12LCH compund miter saw. I love it so far, but the blade that comes with it splinters the wood ever so slightly along the back side of the cut. No problem on the projects I've completed so far (some shelving for my garage, and one for the kitchen), but I'm going to be doing some flooring and crown molding soon. Can anyone recommend a good 12" blade that won't splinter the wood and would be appropriate for that type of work? Thanks in advance.

Robert

Reply to
robert.edmeister

Maybe try a backer board? That may get a little complicated with the crown moulding, but it's the backside, no? I like my high-end DeWalt CMS blade, when it's sharp. Tom

Reply to
tom

Tom, Thanks for the reply, but I have a dumb question. What's a backer board?

Robert

Reply to
robert.edmeister

Kind of like a zero clearance insert. Just a flat piece of scrap affixed to the fence. It could even be in an "L" configuration so you could clamp it to the table, providing support for the bottom of the cut also. Try not to cut all the way through it, and it should last a while. Tom

Reply to
tom