HF Central Pneumatic 8 Gal 120 PSI Compressor: Good or Not?

Browsing Harbor Freight's site I came upon this:

the specs sound too good to be true: 5.6 SCFM @90, 7.2 SCFM @ 40, all for $99 bucks.

Okay, I expect it to be noisy as hell, but for 99 bucks I'm tempted.

Would owners of this or similar compressors please share their experiences both good and bad.

Thanks,

J.

Reply to
John

I have that same unit. It took twice to get one that works correctly but now I have had no problems. It noisy when operating, but shuts off automatically at around 110 psi

Reply to
Chris Carruth

They couldn't get the mechanical part right, how about the tank welds? Good luck with your Chinese pneumatic bomb.

automatically

Reply to
CW

I use one in the yard or away from home. 2 yr no prob. Paid $80 at a travelling tool sale. Not bad for $99, but don't expect it to run forever. Not worth anything like $200 though, when the 5HP units can be found at the big stores for just over $300 and last forever. Wilson

Reply to
Wilson

My 5 Gallon from HF ran for maybe 2 hours before breaking. I replaced it with a PC; rather more expensive at first, but not over time.

Reply to
Toller

Temptation successfully resisted. Thanks, guys.

J.

Reply to
John