Hey Grizzly Bashers?

How come none of you mentioned the latest edition of FWW and their 17" bandsaw test? Not only did the griz rate right up in the top 3, it had the LOWEST frame deflection of ANY of the 11 tested. And we're not talking by a hair either, it beat Delta, General and even Laguna by a factor of 2-3X.

Reply to
Bruce

How big was the Grizzly ad?

Reply to
Swingman

twernt one.

Reply to
Bruce

Did you get a different copy than I did?

I thought the Grizzly did OK. I don't see where it ranked in the top three. The top picks were the Bridgewood and Laguna, with a Rikon chosen as "Best Value". The MiniMax was unavailable, but I'm sure it would have done well. A one liner mentioned the Grizzly and General "stood out", with no details, and nothing in the results table to support it.

On frame deflection: "Most of the saws performed well on this test, with the Bridgewood, General, and Grizzly getting the highest marks..."

How important is the actual measured number? In the "Resaw Test", The Grizzly rated Good, while four saws scored Very Good or Excellent, and four other saws also scored Good. Since the Grizzly had the least deflection, shouldn't it have scored the best, if that was the only important factor in resawing? The Laguna was still chosen as one of the best, in spite of the extra deflection. In the curve cutting test, all saws scored Excellent.

The author didn't like the Grizzly fence adjustability, and he ranked the blade change ease as "fair". In table lock effectiveness, the Grizzly ranked behind or with 6 other saws.

I always give Grizzly tools a look when I'm shopping, and I'm sure one of these days, I'll choose one.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Yes but I am also a basher of Delta, General and, yes, even Laguna SH - Minimax is where it's at.

Reply to
Slowhand