HELP - Soap for a Pressure Washer

I have a pressure washer. I would like to wash my painted house. It is covered with T-111 pine siding painted with latex stain. What is the best kind of soap to use to so this job?

Harry

Reply to
Harry Everhart

Most people use something called TSP or tri sodium phosphate. It is a type of detergent or surfactant that does not foam much. Be careful with pressure washers on wood - you can destroy your wood. Best to wet the wood down with a hose, then spray on TSP solution and then get a long handled bristle brush and scrub. Some dirt will stay on the siding even if you spray with enough pressure to dig holes in the wood. Brushing the wet area with a long handled bristle brush is important - then power spray it off.

If you don't belive me about the brush - try doing a section without brushing.

Reply to
butch

Vinyl is Final !

I did my house last year with only an unpaid 'gopher'. Hanging siding is easy, do it once and never worry again...

Reply to
Ray V

Actually my vynil is gettin a bit dirty. Whats the best product to clean that with?

Reply to
Don

Dynamite!

More seriously, Water (a good 'wetting agent' helps) and some elbow grease.

"high pressure" is _not_ a necessity.

Wet things down thoroughly, scrub gently with a large brush, and rinse.

Note: be careful about spraying _UP_ thew wall. this can force water between the siding boards, and into the wall.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Go to your nearest home center and ask for TSP Tri sodium phosphate. Typically used for cleaning siding.

Reply to
Wayne K.