Help picking rails for dresser draws

Thank you sir. That place sounds familiar but not the location.

Reply to
Leon

I know what you are saying about metal glides in a dresser. This piece will be very nice when I am finished, maple boxes, Rift sawn white oak case. I am leaning toward under mount glides, after reading all the posts. I just like the feel of ball bearing glides. And I will not cover up my Dovetails. Thanks for all the input Tim

Reply to
<tdevery>

Then you will love Hittich Quadro undermounts ... try to find a dealer in your area and do some hands-on.

Reply to
Swingman

The reason I built the draws first, is because i had some free maple and time in the shop. I did not make the face for the drawers yet. I know it would be tough to get it to fit the frame. I just made the boxes

Reply to
<tdevery>

Tim tdev wrote: The reason I built the draws first, is because i had some free maple and time in the shop. I did not make the face for the drawers yet. I know it would be tough to get it to fit the frame. I just made the boxes

Well, not insurmountable, I'm sure. You can make the drawer fronts with the ability to fine tune their placement, drilling larger holes in the boxes, and using washer-type-headed fasteners. You can shim to the required clearance for the slides, too. All this could cause the drawers to be "slot-specific" though, with each one fitted for it's specific cavity only. At least that's one way, I think. Tom

Reply to
tom

I do not see the difficulty of mounting the drawer face after the frame is made. Maybe I am missing something important here. After the frames are made. I will make up the drawer face to fit flush into the frame. Then use the pull hardware holes to attach the face to the box, open the drawer and attach it properly. The boxes are within 1/64" of each other and square. Yes the drawers proubly would be slot specific, I am shooting for 1/32" gap on all sides. Wishfull thinking on my part, but I will try for that.

Tim

Reply to
<tdevery>