HELP: Installing custom hood vent

hi,

I am installing a 42" Vent a Hood liner over my island cooktop, and building a wood hood for it. this will be a new experience for me...Generally, do you install the liner first, and build the hood around it, or hang the hood first and insert the liner?

any advice appreciated...

thanks,

david

Reply to
david

I helped install a couple of vent hood like you are talking about. Not sure what brand. We built the hood exterior first with blocking inside. The hood had flange along the bottom. The hood was lifted up and fastened to the blocking through the flange.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas