HELP! cutting compound dovetails - query

Folks -

I've got all of the walnut panels glued up and sanded for the cradle I'm building; but I have run into a problem with the joinery. I am planning on using dovetails joints on the compound angles per the instructions in FWW #158 (Oct 2002) but their jig *looks* like one of the angles is wrong in their set up jig in that as I follow the instructions it keeps the blade at

90 degrees. HELP!

I've read and re-read everything and can't quite make sense of it... Do any of you have any ideas for cutting compound dovetails? I am hoping to have this sucker done, if rough, for the baby shower on Sunday. I can do finish work after that, the kid isn't due until November.

*Any* assistance would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance, and yes, I'll post pictures....

John Moorhead

Reply to
john moorhead