HD Sale

Hi,

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225 before tax.

-Joe

Reply to
Joe West

On 5/2/2009 6:00 PM Joe West spake thus:

I do everything I can *not* to buy tools at Home Despot.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I would have respond with, you miss a lot of good deals then.

Reply to
Leon

Good price! I was in the market for a new DP a few weeks ago, I saw the current Ridgid DP at the WW show 4 weeks ago, show pricing was 10% off of $299. You beat the heck out of that.

Reply to
Leon

Seems a little closed-minded!

I try to support the local merchants as much as possible, but stores like HD do provide good deals at times. In some areas HD or Lowes are the only source for variety and selection of good tools and equipment.

RonB

Reply to
rnrbrogan

Ive always liked Lowes selection of tools much better than HD

Reply to
evodawg

snip>

Ive always liked Lowes selection of tools much better than HD

But, last week HD had a $25 dollar discount to be applied at the cash register for any power tool costing between $150 (I think) and $250. The Rigid spindle sander cost $200. This is the one several magazines called the pick of the litter. I bought one for $175 and I still think that was a good price. I'm impressed with the machine too, although I have not tried the belt sanding attachment. I bought a 14.4 volt Dewalt right angle drill from them for $95 one time. I couldn't buy two new batteries for that price.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

evodawg wrote in news:gtkd3u$v2m$1 @news.motzarella.org:

HD usually gets the nod when it comes to power tools, especially with the Ridgid lifetime warranty. Hand tools are a toss up... The Kobalt series of hand tools seem to be pretty good tools.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Try it, you'll like it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I saw a profile for a lady on a matchmaker site. Her hobbies included:

"Reading and not getting beaten. I spend most of my free time on those two activities."

Reply to
HeyBub

WOW, to bad I don't need a drill press (got one, Ridgid BTW). But went to Lowes a couple of weeks ago and was buying Dewalt 12" 80 tooth saw blade for Miter saw. At the checkout there was a display with 2 of the same Dewalt blades for the price of one...... Did a double take, thought I was seeing things... but that was not the case. Told the clerk to put the one back and give me 2.

Marty

Joe West wrote:

Reply to
Marty

Batteries on the 10 year old Porter Cable are going again, maybe I need to stop in and see what they've got.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Harley can't even make a decent bike... Now they're selling tools?

Oh...

Wait...

I see...

Never mind. My brain is someplace else.

(Actually Harley makes some beautiful, but slightly overpriced bikes in my opinion, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill