hand saw blade guards, need a source

assumed you reversed the 1/8 and 1/4. Your cite caused me to do a little more digging to find out what is going on with these pipe sizes, and I found this explanation of nominal pipe size or iron pipe size:

So, thanks for the education, and apologies for my uninformed but light-hearted ribbing!

Reply to
alexy

True. But just cut it to length and throw away the remaining 73'6"!

No argument there. But there is lots of clear pliable plastic (isn't that redundant?) tubing that would work well.

Reply to
alexy

To cover my handsaw blades, I've been using vinyl undersill - it's for vinyl siding when you cut the top nailer off & need to finish it off & stiffen it. It comes in 10' sections & I used to just pick up an extra scrap off a job. I actually had to go out & buy a piece for $3 or so a few years back. Still have enough for a couple of saws left.

Not all of it is made exactly the same. Look around a little & try to get the tighter version, if you can. Some is a little boxy & doesn't grip the blade quite as well.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

"AAvK" wrote in news:pXW3e.52727$AN1.6759@fed1read03:

On my little joinery handsaws I just saw a deep slot into a strip of scrap. The strip then slides over to protect the teeth.

On my larger panel saw, I hang it with the teeth bare.

Reply to
Nate Perkins

BTW all, Highland hardware delivered the guards nicely but pretty slowly! Ordered on the 3rd, got them on the 12th. They are thick and soft, bendy, easy to cut to size (did it with a chisel), and a bit hard and slow to slide on. Not supremely worth it for the munee.

Reply to
AAvK

OOPS! 11th... sorry.

Reply to