grr-ripper opinions

I guess my opinion is somewhere in between the rest. My opinion is this is a good safety accessory for a pretty high price.

You can make suitable safety accessories yourself for little cost and some time, or you can purchase them. Your choice. If you decide to purchase, the Grr-ripper is the best I've seen.

I made my own before the Grr-ripper became available, and I am satisfied I am operating safely. If I had to choose today, I'd do the same, thinking my time is hobby time and making my own is worth it because I enjoy doing it.

Others feel their time is more valuably spent on more "productive" work. Which I believe is reasonable point of view as well. Just not for me.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

Do try to put in in context.

I don't think it takes the highest level of reading comprehension nor logic to determine he's talking about buying woodworking stuff, not his daily groceries.

wow.

Reply to
-MIKE-

You're inferring something that he did not imply.

Reply to
J. Clarke

They sell lemons at Harbor Freight

Reply to
Josepi

They sell lemons at Harbor Freight

Reply to
Josepi

No, you're just being argumentative.

According to you, we should assume that people get their fruits and vegetables at Woodcraft and the local hardware store.

Reply to
-MIKE-

No assumption needed. Most Americans get their fruits and vegetables at a retail store.

Your inference was that "retail store" referred _only_ to stores related in some way to woodworking.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Bullshit and you know it. But go on and keep arguing if it boosts your self esteem.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Wow! Still sore.

Reply to
Josepi

Why are you so determined to pick a fight over this? Did somebody steal your life or something?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Gentlemen, gentlemen!! Check this book out at your library and read just the first chapter.

Max

Reply to
Max

---------------------------------------- When I get bored or things are a little slow on the wrec, I like to play a little game I call, "Me Pavlov, You dog".

If nothing else, it generates a little activity on the wrec.

You never know when I'm going to play this little game with you: however, I must complement you for your ability to fulfill your part in our little game without the necessity of a script.

Pavlov would have been proud.

The game is now over until the next time.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The second you release pressure, for whatever reason, what happens to the piece of wood between the blade and the fence? I have more trust in a traditional push shoe with a hooked aft end.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Now, you're projecting. You obviously just want the last word.

Reply to
-MIKE-

happens to the piece of wood between the blade and the fence? I have more trust in a traditional push shoe with a hooked aft end.

---------------------------------- I'll add a splitter and an anti-kick back in those situations unless cutting edge banding (1/4" thick strips), which is a special case.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Really? You've been doing a lot of barking. Did Pavlov Bark?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

The same thing that always happens when you release pressure. Part of skill comes in not releasing pressure.

Which only works on an edge.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I see. So you're basically a child who likes to stir up anthills. When you grow up, have a third party let me know and I'll let you out of the killfile again.

Reply to
J. Clarke

let me try that again. :-)

Max

Right. Conveying a long board into a cut is an advantage for the gripper. Also, the conformable bottom on the tool allows a better hold of contoured materials for the same purpose.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey