Grizzly vs Harbor Freight: is there really much difference?

Remember working in the stamping plant years back, where we could accept a certain number of defects for a Mercury, more for a Ford. Steel suitable for neither was shipped cross-town to - Cadillac....

Reply to
George

Wow! what a statement! just because they look alike does not necessarily mean they are the same. World of diffrence in quality between HF and Grizzly also the instruction manuals and support are day and nite betwen the 2.

Reply to
dteckie

Thanks to everyone who contributed--even those who suspect me of being a troll....

I still haven't seen any good evidence *for a few machines* that the price difference would make a significant enough difference (machines like the bandsaw and 6" jointer). But that's highly subjective, and I don't mind messing with machine setup and modification.

OTOH, the overwhelming judgment of respondents, most of whom have experience with both companies, I gather, have very good things to say about Grizzly.

I shall therefore attune my purchasing antennae to Grizzly in the future.

Thanks for weighing in, H

Reply to
Hylourgos