Grizzly Slider

Since Grizzly doesn't sell through tool dealers, you have to find an owner near you to ask questions and see the product. I did that with both the Knapp and Felder sliding table saws in order to build my shop. I have no machine tools yet and am waiting in the wings.

Those Austrian sliding table saws have the quality of a Rolls Royce. And the price, too. So I am curious about the the Grizzly slider. Two big differences are, a) the slider is about about 8 inches to the left of the blade and b) no scoring blade is offered. Some guys who like a zero clearance plate prefer not having a slider near the blade.

I have visited 3 Felder owners in their shops, and the Felder showroom in Sacramento California. I visited 1 Knapp owner and the showroom of Laguna Tools south of Los Angeles. But I also came across a potential player in that game. Kufo saws, from Taiwan. It is about 30% the cost of the European versions. I'm visiting the importer in a few weeks and will post my findings here on Google. Bear in mind, I'm a new hobbyist, not a seasoned woodworker.

As to Festool, they are amazing tools. I know two owners of the Plunge Circular saw. They love the tool. A Festool dealer is a member of my woodworking club. They do have sales once or twice a year.

Gary Curtis - Los Angeles (soon of Trinity County)

Reply to
extiger