Great tool sale going on

I like the chrome for outside stuff that requires cleaning the outside of the tape, and the fact that everyone knows it is mine. (All the young guy s carry those big rubberized monsters that are accurate to the nearest 1/4" .) One last thing that is great on these is that they have a slot cut into the edge of the hook that enables you to put a small nail in a start point, hook the head of the nail in the slot and the hook stays put while you wal k off with the tape in your hand to get your measurement.

The link I put up was for the 3/4 X 16 which I use for all kinds of trim wo rk in kitchens, baths, etc. and is in my "trim" bags.

The "everything else tape" was supposed to be this 1" X 25':

/G3372451/

Both have the unfinished, no big decals, no big rubber parts, etc. to make them to bulky to carry or awkward to use.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Yeah, I can't fit those newfangled tapes in my tool belt. My all time favorite was the old Stanley LeverLocks from the 90s. Can't find them anymore. I'd really love to confiscate some tapes from newer ones and implant them into my old LeverLocks.

Reply to
-MIKE-

....or even earlier. I was asked what I like. Remember those Stanley Lever-Locks from the 70's. On 25' Stanley's, they had woodscrew/nail info (including proper-sized shadow images) on the backside of the tape fer the first two feet. Particularly handy fer dummies like myself. ;)

I have 2 Stanley 30' Power-Locks (slide-lock) and a re-branded (True-Value) 30' Power-Lock. Non have the aforementioned screw/nail info on the back-side of the tape. You might try a Power-Lock tape inside an old Lever-Lock. The newer Stanley slide-lock Power-Locks are actually not bad tapes. I'll take one over a Lufkin, any day.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Thanks. I don't really like wide blades or all the bulk either.

Reply to
Leon

Try the site Leon mentioned. They have more than a few Stanley leverlocks there. I didn't like the leverlocks myself since the were more sensitive t o dirt/debris, didn't come in a 1" blade (in their defense, most tapes were n't), and I broke the levers when I dropped them.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Aghh. Dripping the tape measure.... My tape measure always lands on the hook on the end of the tape and gets bent, every time it seems.

Now days I only use the tape measure to verify measurements made with accurate rules. Double verification so to speak.

Reply to
Leon

j'uh catch that? Dripping the tape measure. LOL That happens when it fits too losely. Or is that loosely? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

You clumsy oaf. :-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

Starting early today? I think you're a little loose already. ;-)

Reply to
krw