Granite Router Table Top

Mike

You'd lose a lot of accuracy with an extender. Steel City is offering table saws with granite tops. I've got a request in for a bit more information than the web site or press releases include, but it sounds interesting: I've been fighting rust, usually successfully, on table saw tops since I was 15, and I wouldn't mind a break, but I'm worried about fragility...my guess is, though, that if it makes it to your shop in one piece, and you get it set up, fragility is no longer a worry. And you have another place to rest coffee mugs.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Just don't peen over any rivets on it.

Reply to
Robatoy

Steel City has been marketing table saws with granite tops, using the same logic as yours.

You'd have to account for some way(s) to attach fixtures (featherboards, etc.)

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

What about using corian?

Reply to