Gorilla glue

I have been able to extend the shelf life from it's stated 1 year to several years be sealing the entire bottle in a larger container after each use.

Reply to
Tom H

I use these from Lee Valley, they are like little "micro-condoms", take a gander:

AAvK

years be sealing the entire bottle in a larger container after each use.

I like that idea. It may work even better if you put some dessicant inside the larger container. (Lee Valley has some in bulk they call "flower drying crystals" - or any kind of silica gel, Dri-Rite, etc.) I might just have to try that. The Gorilla Glue in general may last longer (i.e. react slower) if kept cool, but if you kept it in the fridge, you'd want to watch out for condensation when you take it out. I'm not sure whether very cold temps/freezing would be harmful - I'm sure you could call them if it's not on the bottle. Andy

Reply to
Andy

Yep, smaller bottle, then just squeeze out the extra air in the container. You might check the air level now and then, to make sure of your seal. Tom

Reply to
tom

Throw it away and buy a new one. These adhesives are based on urethane and are moisture (in the air) catalyzed. Thus, the stuff you have is partially cross-linked so-to-speak and that cannot be reversed -at least not in the shop. If you were to run a test using this bottle and a new bottle you would find that the old one has diminished bonding properties.

Reply to
Joe