Good woodworking TV shows?

I know about New Yankee, are there any other good ones?

--

-Jim ©¿©¬

If you want to reply by email its --> ryan at jimryan dot com Please use BCC and lets all avoid spam

Reply to
jtpr

WoodWorks on the DIY channel

Reply to
Leon

My favorite is David Marks "Wood Works"

bob g.

jtpr wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

DIY also has a real good woodturning show on sat eve if you are interested. It's on right before (or after, I can't remember) Woodworks.

Reply to
Dave jackson

There's Scott Phillips and The American Woodshop and Clive Grey and The Pacific Western Workshop, both on some PBS stations. Whereas Norm Abram does mostly furniture, the others are a little more varied.

Reply to
<chuck94560

I have DirectTV and just noticed that my PBS-U has the Router Workshop on almost everyday.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

I started watching the Router Workshop again for about 4 weeks and then noticed that if I fast forwarded through the bit changes, the cuts that they do over and over and over and over and over, there was only about 5 minutes of content worth watching. The show is a good idea but they should be concentrating on actually finishing a project rather than showing you each round over cut on the 4 corners of 10 legs.

Reply to
Leon

And is it just me, or does the old guy seem to race through the steps without fully explaining what he is doing and why. I imagine more experienced woodworkers probably understand what he is doing but I am under the impression this show is largely for relative beginners and I sense that so much of this stuff is old hat for both the hosts that they take it for granted that the audience is keeping up with them. The other thing that I find strange is that they seem to use jigs and fixtures for just about every project, even when it is apparent that the jig is of no use for anything else, yet the almost never show how to make the jigs. Nevertheless, for reasons I don't quite understand, I do enjoy watching them.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

the woodright shop on PBS

Reply to
Richard Clements

"Lee Gordon" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

When I found that, watching the show recorded with TiVo, that I could watch everything of interest in about 4 minutes, I stopped bothering.

Reply to
patriarch