Gloat of the New Year

My Father-in-law lives next door, he loves a wood fire, and has lots of connections around here to "give" him wood scraps and trees that have been cut down. So now we have a deal going, before he burns anything that looks remotely worth saving he lets me look at it. In the last month I have found quite a few pieces of cherry, think it came from a small table. A bunch of oak from various things, and an entire oak ornate mantle. It weighs a ton,(can't believe the stuff people toss) And lastly since the fellow who owns the tree service keep most of the big stuff for himself, he gives the limbs and "crappy" stuff to my Father in law. All the crotches, and stumps, which I have started turning into turnable material. Maple, oak, sycamore, chestnut, and guess someone is clearing an apple orchard, because there is a lot of it here.

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock