Gaqrage Door Window Ideas

I have set up shop in my garage. I have a nice wood stove for heat and to hide my mistakes. Now that winter is here I find myself missing the light in the daytime and the ability to see out. I have thought abiut putting window(s) in on of the garage door panels. I have a 4 panel door and want to put it in the 3rd panel so I can look out and see what is going on. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.

Reply to
Mike Dalton

Dan Parrell

Just a thought/concern I've had with windows. I have lots of $$$ sitting in my shop and I'd rather not let anyone scope it out in advance. Maybe I'm just paranoid, especially since I live in a very safe area, but that's my one concern. Thieves like jewelry, electronics, and tools so I'd rather not let a thief of opportunity see that there is an opportunity in my shop.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Put in a skylight or two and a peep hole...

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

If you put the glazing in the top most panels the light will make it further into the "shop" and you should still be able to see out. A side benefit is that, unless you are down hill from the road, someone would have to get rather close to the door to see anything in the shop.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin