funny ebay listing

first paragraph is:

"For any prospective bidders - I have 100% positive feedback so you know my descriptions are good. I'm trying to describe this item the best I can.

This Ryobi router table is the worst thing I've ever spent money on. Period. I've wasted money on a lot of things in my life: women, cars, other things I didn't need, you name it, but I've never felt like I totally 100% wasted my money on something until I bought this router table. I've wasted money, but I normally got some sort of satisfaction out of it, no matter how small, I got something out of it This is the most worthless piece of crap item I have ever had the displeasure of working with in my life. I have much more colorful ways of describing this but I realize that there may be some kids that will read this so I will try to keep it PG."

i heard about this on 'this amercian life' (totally addictive show) which has an audio archived at

- the show should be available soon under the title: Desperate Measures

Reply to
Marc

It's becoming less funny now that it has been posted here 3 or 4 times now.

todd

Reply to
todd

yup.....

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

It still cracks me up....FWIW, I saved the entire webpage on my HD in case I need a pick-me-up. :-)

Layne

Reply to
Layne

grandmother.

Reply to
Steve Knight

hell it's so bad it even made it to the oldtools list. that's scary.

Reply to
Steve Knight

It also made a spot on NPR public radio - in fact someone (not the guy who bought the lousey thing), sent him $11 via Paypal just for beer . . . so he could get over the traumatic experience of the router table . . .

Layne wrote:

Reply to
Rick Stein

Well, I'll say one thing...the guy can write some copy.

todd

Reply to
todd