FS: Baldor High-Efficiency 30-HP Electric Motor

If you email a response, you must address it to funkychateau at yahoo dot com. "Reply to" is a spam-blocker. Also, please note that this motor is located in Dallas, and I will not be able to crate/ship it. Bring a pickup truck and I will load it in with my shop crane.

Baldor 30-horsepower "Super-E" series electric motor. 3550 RPM, 30 HP, NEMA nominal efficiency 93%. Configurable for either 230 or 460 volts,

3-phase power. Could be the basis for a very nice single- to three-phase rotary converter for a large shop. Weighs about 400 lbs (a guess, I can't lift it). Picture links below:

?.dir=/f611scd&.dnm=...Price: $200 or trade - I collect pool cues, guns, and other stuff that is smaller and more easily moved than this motor!

Reply to
Martin

tha link to pictures is invalid.

Ignoramus25821

You may wish to mention the frame and other data from the plate.

Reply to
Cliff

Sorry about that, looks like it got cut off in pasting. Try these:

?.dir=/f611scd&.dnm=40bbscd.jpg&.src=phMartin

Reply to
Martin

Thanks, I attached a picture of the plate.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would have some interest in this motor.

> Martin

Reply to
Ignoramus25821

If he could tie it down on a skid & get the skid picked up shipping might not be too bad common carrier.

Reply to
Cliff

Probly easier to search Ebay..."xxx mileage from xxx zip code", under the "advanced search" function...

Fairly productive likely being to search "title and description" using the terms < "Electric motor" *phase > ( or similar).

Reply to
PrecisionMechanicaL

List price is over $2000. Weight is about 330 to 380.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Martin wrote: Also, please note that this

Martin, You mike give craigslist a try:

GarlicDude

Probably way more than the asking price of the motor. I checked what I could ship 500# from LA to Houston and it was way more than what a regular shipper gets charged. Regular price was $260.

Reply to
Leon

Shipping is of such nature that prices vary wildly.

Some of the things that I shipped, with costs:

- 500 lbs hydraulic lift from IL to TX, with pickup from my house, $250 - 500 lbs three DC power supplies on pallet, IL to east coast, $167 with delivery to local dock - 200 lbs one DC power supply, $87

I am not a shipping wizard, I simply use Freightquote. They are very good.

Ignoramus19605

Done, thanks.

Reply to
Martin

In the pix it looks like a small cord is tied around the lifting eye. Is that for starting it on single-phase current??

> Martin

Reply to
Robert Swinney

"Robert Swinney" wrote in news:PJydnaIpwLznSv3ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Hehe

Reply to
Anthony

True, but the asking price of the motor is about 1/10th the value of it. If I had need for it, I'd gladly pay shipping considering the landed price.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Consider the value.

?? Via common carrier?

For what class of material? New motors vs scrap Iron on a slow skid might be different tariffs. Nor would it seem to be time-critical.

Reply to
Cliff