FS: 4" jointer and 9" RAS

Sorry for the intrusion boys and girls.

I'm clearing the basement of some of Dad's finger-biters, as follows:

Un-named 4" jointer. Bed is approximately 20" long. Motor is GE. Custom roll-around base included for free! $50 obo.

9" Radial Arm Saw. Swings, tilts and rotates. Mind those digits! Selection of blades included, no extra cost! $75 obo.

are in dandy condition, ready to send a whole new generation of wooddorkers to the hospital for digit repair.

Neither of these suckers can be shipped and must be picked up in Cleveland, Ohio. Or I can meet you within 100 miles of same, preferably near a trout stream somewhere in Pennsylvania.

Package deals encouraged. Make me an offer.

Remove the obvious spam stuff from my email address to reply.

Bill

Reply to
William Claspy

Well - What about the enticement of a Michigan Blue Ribbon Stream - holding the "sport" seat of an Au Sable riverboat - casting a sampling of bamboo fly rods . .

Reply to
Wayne Cattanach

ICYI, the jointer appears to be a Magna (Shopsmith) jointer set up on it's own stand. I have one that my Dad had and still use it. Parts are available from Shopsmith and for what it's capacity is, it does a good job. You can't joint 7' 2x's on it, but anything small enough to handle easily, it works. I have the bulletins and parts list on them if your interested.

Push sticks and safety glasses will prevent injury.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

That 4" jointer would be perfect for me as far as sizes go for beginners, but two problems, 1 I am in California, and 2 I don't know what a jointer even does! What does it do??? Joint?

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

NM I get it

AArDvarK

It will make crooked, warped boards flat and straight. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

I'm not interested in the tools per se but I'd be curious to see some detail photos of jointer stand... it appears to be mobile with a foot actuated lever showing on the end in the RAS photo. It looks like a neat job. Got some photos? .

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin