Freud router table kit at the borg

Saw a Freud router table kit at Lowes today. Contained a router, table, split adjustable fence, and some other goodies. Have any of you used this table before?

Reply to
WoodMangler

I saw it at the Blue store. It looked pretty nice, included a 3 and something HP router. For $399. Similar setup from Rockler would have been about $286 with shipping, no tax. So, is the router worth $110?

Reply to
Brikp

"Brikp" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

The router is a good one, and sells at Amazon for about $179, IIRC. I've had one for a couple of years now. Great table router for the price.

Google the recent threads on Freud 2000E.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

I've been drooling over this sucker for quite a while. I think it's $379 on Amazon with free shipping.

I looked at Rockler and a few others. My impressions.

  1. The Freud Router alone price is really good for a 3 (maybe 3.1/2) HP router. Pretty much unbeatable.
  2. The Router has a micro adjust (nice) not sure how easy it would be when in table
  3. If you bought seperate components it would cost a lot more, plus not really any fences quite as nice unless you spend big bucks for an Incra, which I don't like/understand anyway. The Freud fence is spilt and has independant micro adjust.
  4. If you bought seperate pieces, you would likely have to route out the plate hole or lay in your own t-track etc. and it will definetly cost more.

The only thing I would likely add is the RouterRaizer, which does have a model that fits the Freud 2000?? for top access raising. About $90 more.

If you get it let us know what you think. I'll likeley get one in the next few months.

BW

Reply to
Bill Wallace
2 (maybe 2.41) horsepower router.