Free Wood Handbook

A free Wood Handbook published by the USDA Forest Service Laboratory is avail for download (PDF 14.3 MB)..... It's a very large file.

Wood as an engineering material. General Technical Report 113. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 463 p.

of printing on my printer, I went to my local library, downloaded a chapter or two each visit and printed using their laser jet printers. Bring your own ream of paper to save even more money. After 13 visits, I binded the printed matter and Viola! a nice, in depth, engineering handbook.

Or of course, you could purchase a copy via the government webiste or Lee Valley Tools.

Thought I share this little free hidden gem on the Internet.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Lee Valley has repaginated the book, and added hard covers. Overall, those two changes make it much easier to use. Oh, yes. They've also re-indexed it to fit the new pagination. The quality of the repro pick-up is also outstanding.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Thanks Mike, I downloaded the whole book (all 486 pages of it) and it took a minute with my cable connection and will take about 30 minutes on my laser printer. Reading it will take much longer.

Reply to
Fred