Best Way to Protect Redwood

Bought the little ones a redwood playset over the weekend. Given the expense, I'd like to protect the wood so it lasts, and so it will have some resale value, once they outgrow it.

I'd prefer something not too toxic (i.e. latex).

This will give you an idea of the set:

Buck Turgidson

Wood Handbook Wood as an engineering material. General Technical Report 113. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest = Products Laboratory. 463 p.

is a section which deals with "Biodeterioration of Wood" and = another on "Finishing of Wood" which will be of some interest to you. = It certainly opened my eyes.

--=20 PDQ

Reply to
PDQ

All finishes today are non-toxic one cured. Most, but not all, are when in the can.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski