free inch foot calculator

I need to acquire an inch and foot calculator. I don't mind if it is online or a downloadable piece of software.

Lex

Have you tried Google? If you enter "1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will respond with 12 inches. It works with other types of measurements as well.

RA

Reply to
Richard A.

Richard, I must not have been clear enough. I need to add and or subtract inches and feet, not convert. '"1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will respond with 12 inches...' Your response is irrelevant.

Lex

Do you have Excel on your computer? Any chance you could program in a few calculations and use that for your calculator?

Reply to
Upscale

Depends on what you want the result to be, if you enter

1 foot 3/4 inches + 4 foot 17/32 inches in foot

into google, it will give you the answer in decimal form:

(1 foot (3/4) inches) + (4 foot (17/32) inches) = 5.10677083 foot

or do you want the answer in feet and inches also, your original post is not clear on that point.

Bert

Reply to
armoraciarusticana

I recently posted about a dandy calculator I got for Christmas that does just what you want. Its not free, but its handy and not too high priced. Someone said he has seen these in Walmart for $12.95. Its called a project calculator and accepts entries in fractional feet and inches and presents the fractions on the screen. It also has a toggle feature to show the nearest common measurement. For example, display

59/64, press the toggle and see 7/8, then toggle back to 59/64.
Reply to
Bob

Do a Google search on Martindale's calculators. There are ALL kinds of calculators there-- this link may work

robinphil2000

OK-- I was off- with the previous post- here is one that works

just went there Phil

Reply to
robinphil2000

There is no calculator that does such a thing at this site, that I could find. Thanks for the help.

Bert,

This shoud be the direct link to the file

it does not d/l from their site. I can't seem to win.

One is at:

then enter "calculator" in the search box

This link (if it works) will take you directly to it:

Bert

Reply to
armoraciarusticana

You need to do a few things to get this software to work.

1st get it from this site
search on Google.com for the following file ftclc2.zip.

Since the application is old you might need the following dll file, VBRUN300.DLL. You can get this file from

Place the file in C:\WINNT\system32 if you have Windows 2k. In other Windows version I am not sure.

Thanks for your precise help Bert.

Lex

"|" =3D=3D "claimed thusly:

check out:

regards, greg (non-hyphenated american)

--=20

Multiculturalism is a euphemism for national division

opted for Betamax, the world for VHS;=20 I for Amiga, the world IBM clones.

Esk=FCsz=FCnk, Esk=FCsz=FCnk, hogy rabok tov=E1bb nem lesz=FCnk!

Reply to
Greg L. Kimnach

Do a Google search for that filename, FTCLC2.ZIP, a couple of other sites have it, like:

or

Bert

Reply to
armoraciarusticana

I found the file at another location on the net. When I tried to run it, I discovered that its one of those silly programs of bygone PC days that requires a Visual Basic run-time library installed on your PC. Its not worth the effort in my opinion.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I'm not trying to offend here, but what do you find so difficult about using pencil and paper? You sound quite intelligent. I'll be glad to put something together here in the way of what to look for to avoid difficulties. Having to use ASCII might make it a bit tough, but it should be no problem.

I've seen people reach for the calculator to divide by 10, and wonder if it's sometimes just not being bothered to try. Sometimes we reach for the calculator when all we need is a little more practice. If you have real difficulty, why not invest a little instead of looking for a freebie? It will be worth it. Here's a few sites:

If working at the computer:

's one for around $40.
you have Home Depot nearby? [Sorry guys] Won't theat carry something like that? Or, here, we have electronics stores that sell them.

One of the finest craftsmen I met couldn't handle fractions easily, so on the job he carried around two tapes and held them together to see differences. He built very fine homes. He'd have used a calculator like the one above, but they weren't around then.

Reply to
Guess who

Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 1:40am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@npspam.com (||) Richard, I must not have been clear enough. I need to add and or subtract inches and feet, not convert. '"1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will respond with 12 inches...' Your response is irrelevant.

Do you really think you might not have been clear enough?

If all you need to do is and and subtract, get a cheap calculator. It'll add and subtact for you, no prob. As long as you can remember that one foot is 12 inches, you won't have any problems.

Or, is there some other detail you might not have been clear enough on?

JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.

- Death

Reply to
J T

Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 3:10am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@npspam.com (||) claims: You need to do a few things to get this software to work.

Well, if you want software that works at adding and subtracting, then you find a kid in about the third grade, and give him/her a pencil and some paper, and ask them to do your adding and subtracting for you. Then you can stop the silliness.

JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.

- Death

Reply to
J T

|Richard, I must not have been clear enough. I need to add and or subtract |inches and feet, not convert. '"1 foot in inch" in the search area, it will |respond with 12 inches...' Your response is irrelevant.

Why not do it in your head?

|> > Lex |> >

|> Have you tried Google? If you enter "1 foot in inch" in the search |> area, it will respond with 12 inches. It works with other types of |> measurements as well. |>

|> RA |>

Reply to
Wes Stewart