Framing nailer, why all the different angles?

I see framing nailer with 15, 20-22, 28, 31-33 and 34 degrees. Is one angle more useful than another? So what do framers use for general purpose work?

The Milwaukee 7100 (21 degrees) for $199.99 from Amazon any good?

Reply to
# Fred #

I have 2 Senco guns and 1 Paslode. I don't feel that one angle is more useful than the other. The important thing for me was that all my guns shoot the same nail and that I can pick up the nails at Home Depot at

9:30 on a Saturday night. I don't know anything about Milwaukee's pneumatics. I am sure it is fine. You just have to decide if you want a clipped head nailer or a full round head nailer.
Reply to
tburic

I have 2 Senco guns and 1 Paslode. I don't feel that one angle is more useful than the other. The important thing for me was that all my guns shoot the same nail and that I can pick up the nails at Home Depot at

9:30 on a Saturday night. I don't know anything about Milwaukee's pneumatics. I am sure it is fine. You just have to decide if you want a clipped head nailer or a full round head nailer.
Reply to
tburic
[...]

An important factor in that decision is local building codes, which in some areas require full-head nails.

Reply to
Doug Miller