forrest blades and their sharpening service

In my case, yes, it is my fault for not bringing it to their attention. Mea Culpa.

However, I find that shipping is pretty expensive and inconvenient. Especially since they require that I pay *both* ways. And their sharpening costs more than the local guy. Plus, the less than sterling results suggested that dealing with them for resharpening might be a waste of time.

However, that they didn't do a good job with resharpening and doing the flattening they said it needed meant that I haven't spent any more money with them until this past Saturday. Who's losing out there?

BTW, the WW2 did an excellent job on my saw for quite a while. With the stiffener they recommend. Right up to the point of dullness. That was pretty interesting. It cut great, right up to the end, then it wouldn't hardly cut at all. When it came back it does cut easily, it just leaves that swirly surface.

This is just my experience. Other people experiences are different. Take this with a grain of salt.

Reply to
George Max

BTW, no one has said who Ridge is.

Reply to
George Max

Ridge is a saw blade manufacturer like Forrest, Freud, Amana.

Leon

Thanks

Reply to
George Max

Besides my Forrest blades, they've also done well on my Freud blades.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y