Formaldehyde Free Plywood at HD

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 01:47:57 -0500, the infamous "Bill" scrawled the following:

If your table saw can kick a full sheet of 3/4" ply at you, it's gotta be at least 20 horsepower.

I use a straightedge and skilsaw to piece plywood, OSB, and doorskins 'cuz Dina's butt isn't that wide or deep.

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:48:05 +0000 (UTC), the infamous Larry Blanchard scrawled the following:

Lay a piece of pipe over the foam, step on it, and create a void where the saw blade won't cut foam. Also, use a shallow cutting depth, good side down for the ply, and tape the back. Remove the tape toward the cut edge so it doesn't splinter.

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 00:59:00 -0500, the infamous "Bill" scrawled the following:

Most of us prefer Baltic birch for jigs and such. Ply would be fine on the floor if it remains dry, but most ply is stable to really cold negative temps.

A hefty rainstorm started here an hour ago. We had bursts of wind to 8 knots and we're expecting a full quarter of an inch of precipitation!

-- In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it. -- John Ruskin, Pre-Raphaelitism, 1850

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:37:10 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Damn! I relied on my dexterity to make the 90 degree transition the last time I did a prefab countertop. I'll build one of those jigs for the next one, that's for sure. It turned out fine, but it was a real stress point for me. (BTW, any sharp blade will make a perfect cut in laminate. You don't need a gazillion tooth plywood blade. A 24-tooth B&D Piranha blade made my cut for me without a hitch.)

You Festeringtool addicts, I swear. ;)

Have you and Toy been here?