For Auction: Bench Mounted Chain Mortiser

I hadn't intended to float this before the group onna 'count of it being set up as a "pick up only" (eBay Kiss of Death) but anyone who's interested, got a need or want and just might not be able to live without this might not care what it costs to ship. Hell I'd consider a short road trip if the buyer were localish (Chicagoland) and didn't mind meeting at some local eatery up or down I-94.

Here's the auction.

total weight for the machine sits at about 200 lbs. It can be broken down and shipped in 3 or 4 cartons. I suspect the worst case would be one of the cartons weighing in the

70-80 range.

Item ships from zip code 53051

OBrec.wood: I'm selling and saving for a compressor. So far I have the field narrowed down to a Gast, an Ingersol Rand and a Rol-Air.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Gerald Ross

Oh yeah. They go back some time also. Powermatic used to make one that makes this one look portable.

?ID=149
15 I believe. Ross?

More like a *precision* chain saw. Smaller in fact. Makita (and others) still make them for timber framers.

Can you set it up to carve bears?

It'll carve anything that'll stand still long enough though I wouldn't want to be in the same room at the same time.

UA100, wondering why anyone would want to go at a bear with a wee little 1/4" X 1" chain saw...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 18:30:35 GMT, Unisaw A100 Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

hey Keith, how long you had that thing?

i donno bout it being from a sash shop up there in Sheer-bordom, but i worked with one of those at the old R-Way furniture in sheboygan a lot of years ago.

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Some timber-framing friends of mine have just bought a Mafell hand-held chain mortiser. Damned expensive though - even the chains are £500 !

Andy Dingley

About 2-3 years. It's been fermenting in one of my rat holes the whole time.

For all I know it could be the same one. The way stories change when 'chines change hands you never know.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100