Follow up Delta Homecraft S/N's for Unisaw 100, et al

Hey folks -

Okay, so the lathe *may* not be '51.... I was going by what I found at OWWM under "Delta"... Here's another stumper... I also have a Delta Homecraft bench drill press with the serial number "U3810" on the same style data tag as is on the lathe. It doesn't match *anything* at OWWM. Any ideas?

The DP has an unusual planetary gear set atop the stacked drive pulleys so that the DP can be slowed WAY down for metal work. It makes quite a racket, and I don't do much metal work, so... But I'd sure like to find out how to open it up to lube it and have a looksee.

I'll post pics later on today.. Thanks in advance for any info....

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Sorry I didn't go into this earlier but the serial numbers on the OWWM site are for machines manufactured in Milwaukee, Bellfountaine and Tupelo only.

Delta machines built elsewhere (Crescent, Walker-Turner, Homecraft and Red Star were tagged (numbered) differently to reflect the plant they were built in/at.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100