Folding workbench

What do you think? I have no plans on buying this but I don't think it would be very stable.

did build the knock-down workstation from the latest issue of ShopNotes and it is surprisingly stable. Works a lot better for my miter saw than the outfeed table of my TS.

RayV

bench is like). The trick is to use monstrously stable trunnions for the main hinges, not just pressed steel hinges or a piece of studding.

Car suspension parts are about right. You can make lovely hinges from cut-down pistons with the gudgeon pin and rod acting as the swivel.

Reply to
Andy Dingley