Fitted Covers for table saws

I have my shop equipment in the garage and would like to cover it from the elements. With three kids in the house the garage door doesn't always get shut:). I was wondering if anyone knew a company that made nice fitted covers for table saws like the ones for Weber grills? I have a Jet Supersaw, the regular sized one.

Thanks Tim

Reply to
Tim _Brewer

Sounds like you just came up with an idea for a product I would buy. I opened the shop (garage) door a few weeks ago after a heavy rain and didn't notice until a few hours later that Dihydrogen Monoxide (

) had dripped between the sections onto my saw and began corroding the top.

Hurry, run to the patent office and get your papers in. Or you could buy these and resell them as tablesaw covers:

RayV

I ran out and bought a canvas tarp to cover my lawn tractor with out in the storage building. The fact of the matter is I never get around to recovering the thing after I cut the grass. More trouble than it's worth...

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Reply to
Pat Barber

RayV wrote: ". . . Dihydrogen Monoxide . . ."

Had me for about 2 seconds. . .

Cute.

I've tried using basic blue tarp with a aluminum frame shaped to the outer edge of the saw (with extensions) and it works alright for protection, but not for rust. Good luck!

Reply to
emcwixon

Heck,

I just use an old plastic tablecloth that has a cotton backing on it as a cover. I store my tablesaw in my garage and there is no rust on it at all after over three years.

Tim _Brewer wrote:

Reply to
busbus

A couple of ideas. Buy some vinyl and have the Mrs. sew some covers with some elastic.

An other idea would be to make them out of Lexan or Plexiglas with little rubber feet on the inside.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

You know with some of the monster grills that they have out now you just might be able to find a cover to fit your saw... Even if it's short you might be able to get two and stich em together for a good fit.

Reply to
bremen68

I have a cover made by HTC.

It comes in various sizes - but is not fitted - but flat. Two nice features:

The material is waterproof, yet breathes. It will repell water, but vapors inside will escape.

The edges have magnets to hold the cover in place.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett