First GLOAT Drill Press

While working outside in the shade of my driveway, cutting gussets for the rafters for my 12X20 shed, my neighbor pulls up beside me in a borrowed truck and asks me to help him unload something. Turns out this something is a Rockwell/Delta 17" drill press. The shop he works in had upgraded some of their tools and this was replaced. He did not have a place for it and thought I would like it. They had loaded it into the truck with a crane and we pulled it out of the truck and walked it into my garage. Needless to say, it was rather heavy. The model # is 17-600 with a 1 HP 120V/220V motor, now wired for 120V. If anyone has any information they would like to share on this model drill press would be appreciated. Looks like all it needs is cosmetics which I hope to begin on soon. Chuck

Reply to
C Cole

Good shooting! Is matter surrouding your house starting to be drawn in from all that suckage? :)

Now that's heavy iron. I have a vintage DP master gloat/resto story that'll be posted soon, but that's for another post...

Call up Delta and give them the serial number. They can tell you the date and send a manual. Make sure the bearings are good and all the proper bits are lubricated.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

It's kinda like getting free heroin.

aboard.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

thou does sucketh

C Cole wrote:

Reply to
dave

Didn't you hear? Those things weren't made very well at all, and it's liable to fly apart on you. That's why the shop replaced it.

Seeing as how it's such a piece of junk, I'll be happy to take it off your hands and scrap it properly, so you don't hurt yourself.

BTW, you suck!

Reply to
Silvan

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 04:13:30 -0500, Unisaw A100 pixelated:

You forgot to ask him when he was going to paint it a decent ABG color, Keefy.

ABG = anything but GRAY!

--- Annoy a politician: Be trustworthy, faithful, and honest! ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques