Finishing Q

I'm making a doll cradle for my daughter and debating the type of finish to use. I'm trying to decide between tung oil and poly. I haven't really worked with tung oil. Is it safe for a child's toy and will it hold up?

Thanks, Tom Wojeck

Reply to
Tom Wojeck

Shellac would be safe and more durable than oil. OTOH, NOTHING you put on the wood can protect it from a determinedly "active" child. :)

David

Tom Wojeck wrote:

Reply to
David

Yes it is safe and it depends on what your daughter does with it. If it is used just as a cradle for a doll it should stand up.

Reply to
MikeG