finishing pine planks

I came across some thick cut pine planks with the bark(@17"*14'). I want to finish these corredtly I hope. I was thinking of burning the surface & then sandblasting it. I'm not sure how I would then tint and/or seal/finish the surface. I am hoping to build a couple of sofa tables on an iron base. Can anyone give me any tips? Thanks

Reply to
mike

raj656