Fein Turbo II to Porter-Cable Quicksand 334

Anybody know of an adpater to connect my Fein Turbo II hose to the Porter-Cable Quicksand 334? The Quicksand has a 1 inch OD.

I did a quick web search (certainly not complete) and found:

down about halfway to find the "Vac step Adpapter."

Right now I use duct tape.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Porter Cable makes an adaptor. I bought mine when Wordworkers went out of business; before that I used duct tape also. The adaptor is much much better, but is probably a little pricy when not 70% off.

Reply to
toller

Fein adaptor - works on my 333 sander.

Alan Bierbaum

Oops - try this link:

Alan Bierbaum

That's what I use also. However, the sander has a nib molded in that retains the stock canister and it is in the way of the adapter, so some tape is still needed.

I use black electrical tape instead of duct tape. I still have SOME class :-)

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

I gather that the problem is that the fein hose is a nonstandard (metric?) hose compared to the fitting on the american-made tools. Am I correct in this assumption?

Reply to
woodworker88

Don't know about metric but it is non-standard -- at least it's not compatible with anything else in my shop. Otherwise the vacuum is great.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

The Fein step adapter does not fit snug on the PC 333/334. I even cut a slit in the adapter for the raised rib on the 334, yet the adapter slips off easily. I raised hell about this at the Atlanta show last August with PC and Fein. They both told me to go see "the other vendor" for an adapter.

So, duct tape/electrical tape is the solution.....

Reply to
bob