Familiar looking tool

name.

Reply to
Robatoy

It looks like one of them new fangled cordless saws!!

And it definitely follows the trnd in kitchen tools to make them larger and larger. Apparently so they will not fit into the average kitchen drawer.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yup.. with my logo on it..on display, not hidden in a drawer.... mmm maybe some LEDs?

Reply to
Robatoy

Yup.. with my logo on it..on display, not hidden in a drawer.... mmm maybe some LEDs? ============================

If you are going to all that trouble, perhaps a small corian saw holder?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Somehow, I had not anticipated having to deal with conceptualizing a corian saw holder. Might as well make it part of a small workshop specializing in the accurate division of pizza. A mitre/bridge saw to cut pizza in very precise sections..... why stop here... a few stepper motors, a few phone-calls to Morris and Bob's your uncle...Divisio Slicilia! (Of course, battery powered so it is transportable and a big hit at parties.)

Reply to
Robatoy

Worked in a pizza shop, these are the way to go:

Greg M

Yup.. with my logo on it..on display, not hidden in a drawer.... mmm maybe some LEDs?

Reply to
Timothy Drouillard

*slapping my forehead* Of course! How did I miss that one? Everything has a frickin' laser guide on it these days.
Reply to
Robatoy

Umm - please specify diameter of largest pizza you want it to cut and max number of cuts.

Would you also like it to be able to cut and serve fruit pies?

:-)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Would it be much work to add a pie-throwing option?

Reply to
Robatoy

No problem - but that'll necessitate a transducer (to approximate the mass of the pie and plate) and a video processor to handle laser targeting...

Would you like a built-in laugh track?

...and would that be full- or semi-automatic launch?

Reply to
Morris Dovey

No, just the standard Hitachi 606684 nyuk-nuyk-on-a-chip... the 50 watt version.

Electronically fired casing-less Gatlin-style would be okay. Go to the standard Phalanx drawings for inspiration. *s*

I vant to stro a LOT uf pie!

Reply to
Robatoy

Well, you could go with the V3 MIRV option, which allows for individual targeting of each slice - or go with clustard cream pies (but you should be aware that the clustard option tends to produce undesirable collateral damage).

Reply to
Morris Dovey

I know a resturant that _would_ have used such an animil were it available.

Some college chums went in to a near campus joint, and ordered pizzza. whil waiting for the meal to arrive, there was a fairly lengthy (and apparently a bit louder than intended) discussion of how said pizza was going to be rationed out.

We _thought_ we had all the possibilities covered, *but* when it arrived at the table we found we were looking at a platter consisting of SEVEN(!!) equal-sized pieces. As we stared, sort-of dumbfounded, we heard the peals of laughter from behind the counter.

*sigh*
Reply to
Robert Bonomi