FA Inca 250 Table Saw Outstanding Condition

please check here:

for looking.

Reply to
icdb

please check here:

for looking.

Reply to
icdb

You mean Black & Decker bought Inca & painted everything yellow?

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

If that company was still around, I'd be all over it like white on rice.

Reply to
Robatoy

Are they really gone, or is it just the US suppliers? Garrett Wade, IIRC, said something about declining quality as a reason for dropping them. There also used to be a west coast supplier in the LA area.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Hello there!

I saw an Inca saw on ebay and did some research... My concerns (and reason for not bidding) was 1) parts and 2 ) parts... As near as I could tell, the arbor wasn't the standard 5/8, which makes sense, since its a euro saw... I didn't want to risk not being able to get a blade at Safeway, Wal Mart, etc. if the need arose...

As for Garrett Wade, I don't think it was a quality issue, it had to do with safety regs. The saw, as you see (there's a limrick here somewhere) has a tilting table, rather than a tilting arbor, and I think that new saws with tilting tables were illegal for import or distribution. Low sales were an issue too, I am sure... Cutting a bevel on a board looks to be a real PITA on a saw like this....

Anyway, hope this helps. Didn't Inca also make Bandsaws??

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Yup. One of the peculiarities of their bandsaw was that the blade ran on the edge of the wheels with the teeth hanging over the edge. I can't find a thing about them in Switzerland either. Me thinks they are gone the way of Elu...

Reply to
Robatoy

Their newer saws had a tilting arbor, so I don't think that could be the issue. And yes, a tilting table is a PITA. I have an old Shopsmith. I don't think tilting tables can be illegal, since Shopsmith still makes their machines and the table on the Shopsmith *has* to tilt, since it is direct drive and there is no way to tilt the motor.

FWW reviewed the newer Inca TS about five years ago.

Just checked the Garrett Wade site - the issue was cost.

They did. I have their Euro 260 model - 8" with 6" resaw. Blades are appx. 72" and readily available. It is a great saw. Older printings of the Duzginski (sp?) Bandsaw book use the Inca in many of the resaw photographs. Got mine years ago from a supplier in LA whose name I can't recall.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

They moved their woodworking operation to France. My bandsaw was built there.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Mark Duginske and Karl Eichorn wrote a book called The Inca Woodworking Machinery Handbook. 1984 ISBN 3-906495 01 9 I'm looking at an original as I type. Best book I have seen on the topics it covers. I bought it from Lee Valley 20 years ago and have used it as my main reference. The book covers an Inca 20" three-wheeler bandsaw as well as a smaller two-wheeler. I always dreamt of owning an Inca shaper, a real sweet piece. I guess I can now put that dream in the same box as that Bentley Continental R.

Reply to
Robatoy