experience with hf returns

anyone had to do a return to hf

what about a new tool that is missing a part

just wondering if i should just ask for a refund and repurchase

or have them send a part

do not order from them much and have never had an issue that was worth contacting them about

Reply to
Electric Comet

Every HF I have dealt with has been great about returns. If something is missing, they most likely just take the whole thing and give you an entire new one. They did have to send me parts form something I bought, but it was fast and trouble free.

If I were you, I'd contact your computer manufacturer to see if they can send you all the capital letters and punctuation marks that are missing from your keyboard.

Reply to
-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote in news:njclvq$atn$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

That has been my experience also.

LOL.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

One of my HF's would not do any thing without a receipt. I live in the SF Bay Area.

CP

Reply to
MOP CAP

yeah gotta have a receipt but that has been true for a long time everywhere

will probably sell this one and just get a new one

always a point of diminishing returns on time spent getting a refund or a replacement

tools sell well on feebay too

Reply to
Electric Comet

Should you decide to sell, I sure hope any missing/damaged parts will be well-disclosed in your post. Nothing worse that than buying someones trash, unknowingly.

Reply to
bnwelch

Where? I usta live in Pleasanton/Livermore.

Buy a new one and use the second receipt to get a refund on the first purchase. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Careful out there. Some may call that fraud...

Reply to
Bill

Yet selling an item with missing parts is not?

nb

Reply to
notbob

It goes back to "intent".

Reply to
Bill

Ironically, "creating justice" for yourself seems to be frowned upon in the judicial system.

Reply to
Bill

How does that work? The vendor unintentionally leaves a piece out, but I cannot "unintentionally" switch receipts? Who decides this? You? A judge? A jury? And fer which party? Me? The vendor?

Doesn't strike me as a very level playing field. 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

Try switching receipts with your insurance company and see what happens! They will take care of you pronto! ; )

Reply to
Bill

So you say. I've already been defrauded by my auto insurance company and it looks like they may be at it again. They owe me $200 and I've yet to see it.

I don't have time to argue with you, but you can tell all the other posters, here, how insurance companies never ever defraud their customers. I'm sure you'll get a lots of support. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I just chose insurance companies as an example. Defraud anyone and get a free lesson in how the legal system works...

Reply to
Bill

Jes bring $$$$

Reply to
notbob

Explain how this would be conceived as fraud? You bought and paid for both.

This is no different than you buying an item twice on different days and returning one with one of the receipts. What is wrong with that?

Reply to
Leon

It depends on how many days there are between the different days. For instance, an item may have a 30-day guarantee. If there were 31 days between purchases, using the newer receipt to take advantage of the 30 day guarantee on the older item would constitute fraud.

Reply to
Bill