ergonomics of a table for PC

Hi all, I'm designing a table for my PC 'cause I feel the actual table - chair combination is very uncomfortable for me. I hear it is a subject called "ergonomy" who studies the most comfortable sizes for everything. Can anybody point me to a site with recommendations for such things like table height, monitor height, chair height?

Thanks in advance Faustino

Reply to
Faustino Dina

"Faustino Dina" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

A google search will bring up many such sites. There is no fixed desk height that is "right" for everyone -- you need to build a desk that can be adjusted to fit the user.

Reply to
Old Fangled

I don't have a page to recommend, but a Chiropractor will have plenty of advice for you. Mine has even offered training sessions for businesses free of charge.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

I love the adjustable shelf on my computer table. It helps to be able to change the angle from time to time. I'll post a photo on abpw.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

The subject is called "ergonomics". There are numerous standards out. The US government agency charged with dealing with such matters has checklists and so on at .

Reply to
J. Clarke

I recall a (computer) program that takes your height and several other dimensions to determine all the proper heights for your keyboard, chair, monitor, etc. What's comfortable to some, may not to others. I know that the top of the computer monitor screen should be eye level or slightly lower. A fully adjustable chair with arms is important. You could stack some boxes and use various heights to determine your best keyboard/mouse table height.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have now built 3 PC tables according to the following pattern:

Base - 2' x 4' table with folding legs (purchased) with 28" height PC shelf - 1x12x48 either plywood or prefinished MDF Legs for shelf - 1x12x9 attached 11" in from each end - not necessarily the same material as the shelf. Screw through shelf into the ends of the two legs.

The shelf contains (L-R) printer, monitor, PC. The desktop below (L-R) holds UPS, speakers and a small high-intensity lamp. The desktop out front has the keyboard and mouse.

The chair should be an office chair with adjustable height and a comfortable back. A plastic carpet mat makes it easier to roll around.

Standard chair height should position the monitor at face height.

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick