EasyCoper - hands on

After reading recent discussions concerning crown molding installation techniques I found myself leaning towards majority opinion that coping was the way to go. I researched the coping technique on the ?net and browsed some books at the local library. My first attempts at cope cuts using these resources and a coping saw were not very good. Since the bathroom crown molding was to be installed this past weekend I needed to get my skills improved quickly. I decided to try the EasyCoper. I left voicemail for Haley Burch at easycoper.com late Wednesday afternoon and received a return call shortly after. He was accommodating and friendly. I asked for the EasyCoper to be shipped on Thursday via Next Day freight so I could have it by Friday for the weekend project. He emailed me Thursday to let me know my unit was shipped that day via USPS and the shipping cost to me was what USPS charged. I received the EasyCoper on Friday. The packing was sufficient and I found no shipping damage. Two sets of instructions were included with the jigs. The jigs themselves came in two pieces, one for left cope and the other for right cope. Instructions were relatively clear but the accompanying photos could have been better. The jigs are made of some sort of plastic, which I suppose for a weekend warrior should be plenty sturdy. In use, the jigs were a bit ?flexy?. After a few test runs using the Bosch jigsaw blades which can be purchased from the EasyCoper website at a reasonable cost, I felt confident that I was ready to tackle the real thing. I was more than pleased with the results. The EasyCoper is as advertised and can be of great assistance to anyone who, like myself, can?t seem to get the hang of the coping saw. I?d give the EasyCoper a 9 out of 10 stars. Had the jig been made of less flexible material (aluminum?) and the photos included with the instructions been clearer and larger I would rate a full 10 out of 10. Demonstration videos on the EasyCoper website proved to be a valuable resource.

TomL

Reply to
TomL

Preston Andreas