Earlex HVLP Sprayer

Anyone out there bought one of these sprayers -- and used it? The High Volume Low pressure type [ not the airless type ].

Did it work as advertised? More important still, has anyone used this type sprater to paint emulsion in interior rooms? How does it avoid coating the entire room with a layer of colored dust?

Any comments, information appreciated. John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Reply to
jhewitt

Yes ... I bought the Earlex 5000 when it was on special at WoodCraft last spring. I have only used it to spray furniture and cabinets. NC laquer and WB lacquer on furniture, oil based primer and latex paint on cabinets. For an inexpensive sprayer, it meets my needs. Mine arrived with 1.5 mm and 2.0 mm needles. Could have used the 2.5 mm needle for the primer, but with a lttle thinning (10 %) the 2.0 mm worked OK. Latex paint was also thinned a bit (5%) but coated beatifully. The air hose is a bit short (about 12 feet) to do whole rooms I think, unless they are closet-like. The laquer sprayed quite nicely. Spray pattern is well defined. The spray gun is the type that always blows air, the trigger only controls the liquid feed. (Perhaps this is common with turbine models.) The gun is easy to disassemble and clean. Back-spray is minimal on open surfaces, as one would expect with HVLP, but there will always be some. Expect any unmasked surface to receive SOME quantity of spray in an enclosed volume. To date, I have only sprayed outdoors.

cheers ...

Brian Hoyt Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia

snipped-for-privacy@arrakis.es wrote:

Reply to
Brian

can give you more information than you can easily process in a sitting about HVLP and how they work.

I know the Earlex makes a 2 and 3 stage turbine machine, so pretty much anything you can dig up on a 2 stage machine (a Harbor Freight, Wagner, etc.) will be relevant to your question.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Brian, Many thanks for the tips and sharing your experiences with the Earlex. Any additional comments would be welcome and appreciated.

Roy! New Jersey, The Tollbooth State

Reply to
ROY!

Anything in particular you want to know?

cheers ...

Brian Hoyt Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia

Reply to
Brian

Thank you and t'others who replied. The first part of my query is answered. It works [ like other similar models, Robert, thank you].

But the other question, will it coat a room with dust / paint dust / crap? That's imporatnt to me, 'cos that's my primary interest.

I have a HP compressor sprayer; using *that* inside a room is suicide [ painticide / dusticide ?].

But Earlex have promtional videos that show the system being used in a closed room. Hmmmm ???

John

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Reply to
jhewitt