DW788 Scroll Saw Question

If you use a DW788, would you please email me? I'm on my 3rd 788 within 8 months. My first one is at repair shop after 7 month's use. The 2d was defective; blade wouldnt move so I returned it to store & got a 3rd one. I'm not sure this 3rd one is working right. I need to ask somone who actually uses one some questions. Thanks.

Reply to
KayM

My post got buried right away so I'm trying again. Doesnt anyone use a DW788?? If you dont want to email, maybe somebody could answer this question.

Should the DW788 be able to cut 3/4 thick white pine at fulll speed? I have to go very slooow & still have difficulty. I'm using an Olsen Crown 5 blade. I'm quite sure I could cut it with the first DW.

I'm taking it back to store & an anticipating no help from salesman.

Reply to
KayM

Sure. 2" oak is no problem either. Are you sure the blade is installed the right way?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Didn't dewalt switch to another manufacturer for the DW788 a year or 2 ago?

Reply to
JimNorman

Go to MSM groups and ask in one of the scrollsaw groups

Reply to
toolmaker

Sorry to hear you had problems with the scrollsaw. I had mine for a year and love it. No problems whatsoever cutting oakor other hardwoods.

Reply to
dteckie