Dust collector bag cleaning possible?

I noticed that my DC is not moving as much air as it used to. Can the cloth bags be cleaned somehow of the fine dust coating or are they just replaced?

Thanks, MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

I would leave the "dust cake" (it acts as a filter, too), and check for other possible leaks in the system first. I wouldn't replace a bag until I didn't want to patch it anymore. But that's me. Tom

Reply to
tom

I usually find that the dusk cake, while helpful for filtering, becomes to dense. I turn the unit on and gently slap the bag so that the cake can fall off. In this procedure I avoid removing the entire cake and improve air flow. I'm still saving my money for a .5 or 1.0 mic bag or cannister.

Reply to
C & E

Also check the impeller inlet. I've found that when mine loses pressure, there is something (usually hand-plane shavings) blocking the impeller inlet.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I brush off the inside of the DC bag, but not often, usually just shake it clean (outside of the shop wearing a dust mask!) A thin coating of fine dust actually helps the filtration.

Reply to
Phisherman