Drum Sander

Hi, I'm looking at drum sanders. I presently have a Delta 16/32 which was given to me. Not the best design in the world I run across this Craftsman 18/36 https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tls/6783623815.html . Was considering it. I like the Supermax style over the Delta style.Anyone know anything about the Craftsman? Thanks, Jim
On 12/31/18 11:33 AM, James wrote:

There's not much out there when searching the model number, huh? The first thing you need to know is that it was made by someone else and not only for Craftsman. That means there is another brand out there that is the same model as this. Do a search for the model number and look for parts. Then do a search for some of the parts and you should see another brand or two pop up in the results. Then you can do a search on those models which might turn up more info.
The short search I did revealed this machine was around $800, new. If is is indeed in excellent condition I think that's a fair price, but $350-400 would be better. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 12/31/18 11:33 AM, James wrote:

Looks like the manual is here, just in case you didn't already see that. https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/351215680/0247/0743000.html
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/351215680/0247/0743000.html
It sold within a day. It may have be made by Steel City. Jim