Drawer Pull spacing: Is there a standard?

Getting ready to put some 3" drawer pulls (2 per drawer) on a 30" x 9" drawer front.

Is there a convention for the horizontal spacing of the pulls?

Thanks

Reply to
MDWW

Go with what feels and looks right. Use a couple of pieces of masking tape for visual locating spots and then when you are happy with the location of the tape, mount the pulls.

Reply to
Leon

I generally hold them in place until I find a spacing that appeals to me. Nobody's ever complained.

Reply to
Preston Andreas

On a 30" drawer I'd probably put them around 6" from the edge, but I think the only real standard is what looks good to your eye.

What I do is to stick them >Getting ready to put some 3" drawer pulls (2 per drawer) on a 30" x 9" drawer front. >

John Carlson

On 21 Feb 2004 14:23:17 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@address.com (MDWW) wrote: The only real standard is to install the pulls on the outside of the drawer. Whatever looks pleasing to your eye is the correct spot.

Have fun

TJB

Reply to
terry boivin

I would offer one more little tidbit that I learned from Tage Frid while sucking sawdust at RISD many years ago...Drawer pulls should not be centered vertically on the drawer front, but rather 9/22nd's from the top....(a shade under 1/2). The theory is that when viewed this formula gives the visual impression that they are centered do to perspective mumbo jumbo. How do I find 9/22nd's you ask??? With the

30" drawer just run a yardstick on an angle from top to bottom of the drawer front from zero to 22"...count down nine.

TJB

Reply to
terry boivin

Or skip all the mumbo jumbo and and just mount them about 1/4-1/2" above center. Depends upon drawer height. Works only for cabinets below counter level.

Mike

terry boiv>

Reply to
Mike